PCI has been providing Career Training in
New England since 1946.
PCI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges is a national accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
PCI holds national accreditation through an agency recognized by the US Dept of Education.
In 2009 PCI was awarded the School of Excellence Award from ACCSC.
The philosophical basis of all Porter and Chester Institute activity is simply this: to educate and train our students to the level that will make them competent employees. In this way, every graduate will have the maximum possible chance for prompt employment, at an attractive compensation rate, in the kind of job for which he or she has been prepared.
Accordingly, the atmosphere of the Institute is like that of an employer's office or workshop. Students must be orderly, but at the same time they are relaxed, informal, and enjoy themselves. The same instruments, equipment, and reference materials you would find on an employer's premises will also be found at Porter and Chester Institute. In other words, it's more like working on the job than attending school.
The history of Porter and Chester Institute began in 1946 with the founding of the Porter School of Engineering Design in Hartford, Connecticut.
In 1973, the Porter School and the Chester Institute for Technical Education of Stratford, Connecticut, became one institution. Subsequently, the name Porter and Chester Institute was adopted, and the curricula contents and operational policies of the two institutions were standardized. At the same time, the Porter School, which was located in Rocky Hill Connecticut, became the Rocky Hill Campus of the Porter and Chester Institute.
In response to the increasing demand for Porter and Chester graduates, the Waterbury Campus was established in 1977. As the need continued to expand, in 1979, the Enfield Campus was added to serve central Connecticut, as well as southwestern Massachusetts.
In 1986 the Waterbury Campus was expanded and moved to Watertown.
The Chicopee, Massachusetts, Campus was established in 1993. This campus was added to serve the central and northern sections of Massachusetts.
In August 1995, the stockholders of Porter and Chester Institute purchased the Connecticut School of Electronics (CSE). CSE was established in 1947 in New Haven, CT. In 1996, to accommodate its growing enrollment and expansion plans, CSE moved from New Haven to larger quarters in Branford, Connecticut and was renamed Porter and Chester Institute
In 2003 the decision was made to begin expanding our Massachusetts presence into the eastern part of state. First we opened a branch in Westborough followed by Canton in 2009 and then our newest location in Woburn just opened in 2010.
As its history indicates, Porter and Chester is an experienced, competent provider of technical, business, and health related occupational preparation. Its history also reveals that the Institute is dedicated not only to its students but also to the community in general.
Review the Course Catalog for Porter and Chester Institute.