Get the Skills to Become a Professional Dental Assistant
Hands-On Dental Assisting Training in as Little as 9 Months
Did you know that oral health is vitally linked to the overall health of your whole body? That’s why more and more people are making sure they have regular dental checkups. And all those busy dentists need help! That’s where you come in. Dental assistants perform many tasks, ranging from providing patient care and taking x rays to recordkeeping and scheduling appointments.PCI’s Dental Assisting programs in Connecticut and Massachusetts can prepare you to enter this exciting field.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
PCI’s online career quiz takes a few minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Take the Porter and Chester Institute “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
Our dental assisting training will prepare you to work in today’s busy dental office by teaching you what you need to know in a way that makes sense to you:
- Practical Content: In our clinical labs you’ll learn how to take patient histories and vital signs and assist chairside in procedures like dental exams, tooth fillings, root canals, oral surgery and orthodontics, bridge and crown work. You will also learn how to take impressions, construct temporary crowns, use sealants and bleaching trays and develop digital and analog x rays.
- Hands-On Training: If you learn best by doing, then our dental assisting training will suit your learning style to a tee! You’ll learn skills in the classroom and then spend time practicing them in our lab. And in your final term you’ll get out into the real world, at two separate externships in actual dental offices.
- Blended Learning: In an effort to create a more flexible learning environment, certain courses in this program are taught via a combination of distance learning and regular “onsite” classroom instruction. This “blended learning” delivery method allows you to learn information online, at your convenience, and then put those corresponding skills into practice on-campus in the lab.
- Qualified Instructors: Our instructors are all professionals in the dentistry field. They are knowledgeable in all aspects of dental assisting and are friendly, caring and committed to your success.
- Job Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for Dental Assistants are expected to grow by 31 percent through 2020.
- Soft Skills: We’ll help you develop your natural skills and talents so that you’re ready to professionally interact with patients and dental staff. At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re proud of our students because they make great employees! Are you ready to become part of a dynamic dental team?
To learn more about the dental assisting training at Porter and Chester Institute, request information from one of our Career Program Specialists today!
Our Dental Assisting program is offered at the following campuses: