Electrician: Industrial, Commercial and Residential
Take charge of your career by getting your electrician training from Porter and Chester Institute.
If you want a career where you get to use your hands, as well as your brain, consider our electrician training program so you can be out on the job in as little as 12 months.
Our electrician program will help you take the first steps toward becoming an electrician. We’ll give you a solid foundation of basic electrical theory and the technical skills you’ll need to work in residential, commercial and industry settings.
If you like working with your hands and learn best by actually getting up and performing a task, electrician training from Porter and Chester Institute could give you the results you want:
- Concrete Skills: We’ll teach you the fundamentals you need to know about electricity, electrical code and safety. Then, we’ll teach you a whole lot more –like how to install electrical power distribution systems, how to wire and connect circuitry and how to work on motors, transformers, generators and the electronic systems in mechanical tools.
- Hands-on Training: It’s not just what you learn; it’s also how you learn it. If you’re a hands-on learner, then you’ll appreciate all the time you’ll get to spend out of the classroom and in the lab working on real electrical units with actual industry equipment.
- Road to Licensure: At our Connecticut campuses, our electrician classes will help you understand the National Electrical Code and help you prepare to take the L-6 Limited Electrical Journeyperson and the E-2 Unlimited Electrical Journeyperson licensure exams. At our Massachusetts campuses, our electrician classes will help you understand the National Electrical Code and the Massachusetts Amendments and help you prepare to take the Class B Journeyman Electrician exams.
- Job Outlook: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, electricians can expect to see faster than average job growth through 2020. And as an electrician, you could work across a wide range of market sectors in residential, commercial, municipal and industrial settings.
- Soft Skills: We’ll teach you more than just core electrician training; we’ll also help you understand how to work with professionals and customers in the industry. At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re proud of our students because they make great employees! Are you ready to get to work?
To learn more about our electrician program, request information from one of our Career Program Specialists today!
Our electrician courses are offered at the following locations:
Classes begin soon!
Gainful Employment Disclosures for our Electrician program:
Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician: PCI Campuses* — Day
Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician: PCI Campuses* — Evening
Industrial, Commercial, and Residential Electrician: PCI Branford Campus — Day
Industrial, Commercial, and Residential Electrician: PCI Branford Campus — Evening
*Does not include PCI Branford
For MA residents only – Massachusetts Program Information Pages, 940 CMR 31:
Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician: PCI MA Campuses – Day
Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician: PCI MA Campuses – Evening