Get the Skills to Become a Qualified Medical Assistant
Hands-On Patient Care Medical Assisting Training in as Little as 9 Months
Make a difference in the lives of others and your own by choosing the Medical Assisting diploma program at Porter and Chester Institute. If you want a career where what you do really matters, our Medical Assisting program can train you to become an important member of a healthcare team in as little as 9 months. Medical assistants play a vital role in today’s healthcare field. They help doctors and staff give the best care possible to the ultimate client: the patient!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
PCI’s online career quiz takes a few minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Take the Porter and Chester Institute “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
If you really like helping others and you want a career that’s in demand, here are just a few reasons you should get your Medical Assisting training at Porter and Chester Institute:
- Patient Care Skills: We’ll teach you the clinical skills you need to become an important member of a healthcare team. From taking patient histories and serving as patient-physician liaison to performing actual medical tests like blood draws, lab procedures and EKGs, you’ll learn what you need in order to provide direct patient care.
- Healthcare Administration Skills: We’ll teach you the ins-and-outs of today’s busy healthcare settings. At Porter and Chester Institute, you’ll learn to keep electronic medical records, schedule patient appointments and procedures and process insurance claims.
- Hands-on Training: In addition to classroom instruction, you’ll have lots of hands-on training where you’ll be using the same kinds of medical, diagnostic and administrative equipment used in actual hospitals and healthcare facilities. You’ll also participate in an externship where you’ll get real-world experience out in the field.
- Blended Learning: In an effort to create a more flexible learning environment, certain courses in this program are taught via a combination of distance learning and regular “onsite” classroom instruction. This “blended learning” delivery method allows you to learn information online, at your convenience, and then put those corresponding skills into practice on-campus in the lab.
- Qualified Instructors: Our instructors are not only professionals in their field with years of experience; they’re also excellent educators who care about you as a person. They want you to reach your full potential and will do everything they can to help you succeed.
- Job Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for Medical Assistants are expected to grow by a whopping 31 percent through 2020. There are plenty of jobs out there and we’ll help you prepare for them! Our Career Services Advisors will work with you until you find the career opportunity that matches your newly acquired skills.
- Soft Skills: It’s not just technical skills that get you employed –it’s all those soft skills that today’s employers say they really want to see. At Porter and Chester Institute, we’ll teach you about workplace professionalism and proper patient interaction. We’ll teach you what it means to be a good employee in a real world setting.
Still interested in a Medical Assistant program in MA or CT? It starts with the proper training! Act now and request information from one of our Career Program Specialists today!
Our Medical Assisting program is offered days and evenings at the following campuses: