You’re ready to combine physical activity with technical know-how to start a skilled trades career. But are you ready to get the job done right?
Employers in skilled trades and technical fields prefer to hire applicants with postsecondary education. Programs at trade schools generally last 12 months or less and offer focused career training through classroom instruction and hands-on practice. Developing strengths in mechanical skills, troubleshooting skills, time-management and customer communication is essential to getting the job done right.
At Porter and Chester Institute, our intensive trades and technical training programs are designed to help you get started in a skilled trades career. Check out these trades and technical programs at PCI:
- Automotive Technology: Acquire the skills you need to diagnose, repair and maintain most makes and models in today’s vehicle service industry.
- Career HVACR: Flexibility and variety in light commercial and residential environments are benefits of a career in the heating, air conditioning and refrigeration industry
- Career Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician: Contractors and electrical companies of all sizes are looking for trained workers with the right knowledge and skills to complete the toughest jobs on time.
- Career Electronics Systems Technician: Electronics technicians use their hands-on skills to troubleshoot and repair electronic instruments and systems.
- Plumbing: Learn to install and repair pipes that carry liquids or gases to, from, and within businesses, homes, and factories as a plumbers.
Employer focused curriculum
At Porter and Chester Institute, the training you receive reflects what area employers have told us is important to them. We understand what they want from their employees and that’s what we teach you. We train you in industry-modeled labs using the equipment you’re likely to encounter on the job.
Now is the time to get the training you need to get the job done right. Schedule a visit today to see our classrooms and labs in person and to learn how you can get started!