Get the Skills to Become an Electrician
Hands-on Training in as Little as 1-Year
If you want a career where you get to use your hands, as well as your brain, consider electrician training from Porter and Chester Institute. Our Career Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician program will help you take the first steps toward becoming an electrician. We’ll give you a solid foundation of basic electrical theory and the technical skills you’ll need to work in residential, commercial and industry settings.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
PCI’s online career quiz takes a few minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Take the Porter and Chester Institute “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
If you like working with your hands and learn best by actually getting up and performing a task, electrician training from Porter and Chester Institute could give you the results you want:
- Concrete Skills: We’ll teach you the fundamentals you need to know about electricity, electrical code and safety. Then, we’ll teach you a whole lot more –like how to install electrical power distribution systems, how to wire and connect circuitry and how to work on motors, transformers, generators and the electronic systems in mechanical tools.
- Hands-on Training: It’s not just what you learn; it’s also how you learn it. If you’re a hands-on learner, then you’ll appreciate all the time you’ll get to spend out of the classroom and in the lab working on real electrical units with actual industry equipment.
- Road to Licensure: At our Connecticut campuses, our electrician classes will help you understand the National Electrical Code and help you prepare to take the L-6 Limited Electrical Journeyperson and the E-2 Unlimited Electrical Journeyperson licensure exams. At our Massachusetts campuses, our electrician classes will help you understand the National Electrical Code and the Massachusetts Amendments and help you prepare to take the Class B Journeyman Electrician exams.
- Job Outlook: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, electricians can expect to see faster than average job growth through 2020. And as an electrician, you could work across a wide range of market sectors in residential, commercial, municipal and industrial settings.
- Soft Skills: We’ll teach you more than just core electrician training; we’ll also help you understand how to work with professionals and customers in the industry. At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re proud of our students because they make great employees! Are you ready to get to work?
Still interested in a future as an electrician in MA or CT? It starts with the proper training! Act now and request information from one of our Career Program Specialists today!
Our electrician courses are offered at the following locations:
Classes begin soon!
For MA residents only – Massachusetts Program Information Pages, 940 CMR 31:
Career Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician – Day
Career Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician – Evening
Career Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician – Midday