Get the Skills to Become an HVACR Technician
Hands-On Training in as Little as 1-Year in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Training at an HVAC school can help you get to work in a growing field. Porter and Chester Institute’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration program in Connecticut and Massachusetts will prepare you to become a skilled HVACR worker. We can help you acquire the skills you need to install, maintain and troubleshoot HVACR units in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
PCI’s online career quiz takes a few minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Take the Porter and Chester Institute “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
If you’re a hands-on learner who can’t imagine sitting behind a desk all day and considering training at an HVAC school, here are a few reasons the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration program at Porter and Chester Institute may be the perfect fit for you:
- Concrete Skills: Through our intensive HVACR training, you’ll learn to work on the gas, oil and electric heating, cooling and refrigeration systems used in homes and businesses across the country.
- Hands-on Training: If you learn best by doing, then our HVACR program is for you! Your classroom work is supplemented by hands-on work using the actual analytical equipment you’ll find in the field.
- Qualified Instructors: Our instructors are all professionals from the HVACR industry. They know how to teach, but more importantly they know what you’re likely to encounter once you’re out on the job. Their years of experience and connections to employers make them an invaluable resource to you and your career.
- Job Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for HVACR technicians are expected to grow by a whopping 34% through 2020. And you could work almost anywhere with the skills you’ll learn at our HVACR programs in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Soft Skills: In addition to learning the nuts-and-bolts of the industry, you’ll learn how to interact with customers with professionalism. We’ll teach you what it means to be a good employee in a real world setting.
To learn more about HVACR training, request information from one of our Career Program Specialists today!